The central crude oil depot with the largest tanks in the world has sufficient space for the safe storage of strategic reserves of Czech Republic crude oil and is equipped with fully automatic fire fighting technology.
Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Application of IMS pursuant to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 50001
- Protection of health and the environment is one of our top priorities
- It is required to comply with all laws and regulations related to:
- prevention of serious accidents
- protection of the environment
- occupational safety and fire prevention
- Prevention of accident occurrence, reduction of risks and settlement of emergency situation impacts
- Reduction of negative impacts on the environment and minimizing impairment of health of employees and the general public
- Application of the best available procedures and technologies to satisfy our customers´ needs
- Demanding requirements placed upon service providers in respect to quality, environmental protection and safety
- Dialogue with employees and general public about potential hazards, risks and impacts of the company’s activity on the environment and health
- Regular inspections and checks of all parts of the system to provide for continuous improvement
Continuous Improvement System
THE INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM POLICY – quality, environmental protection, information security, critical infrastructure protection and occupational health
MERO ČR, a.s., is the only one petroleum pipeline company in the Czech Republic. It transports crude oil through the Družba and IKL pipeline and operates the central tanking-up station to store the national petroleum reserves.
MERO ČR, a.s., and its MERO Germany AG subsidiary company are the companies, which make effort to maximally satisfy their customers. Therefore they have decided as a part of the integrated company management system to fulfil all requirements imposed by the ISO 9001 standard. .
MERO ČR, a.s., and its MERO Germany AG subsidiary company consider the environmental protection as a natural part of all their business activities. In order to emphasize this approach the environmental management system was introduced according to the ISO 14001 standard.
MERO ČR, a.s., and its MERO Germany AG subsidiary company understand the term of information security as a process of information security ensuring on the necessary level from the view of information confidentiality, availability and integrity in compliance with international standards and applicable law. Therefore the company integrated also requirements imposed by the ISO/IEC 27001 standard to the management system.
With publication of the ISŘ policy, with which the Targets in the information security area are associated, MERO ČR, a.s. declares its aim to secure all important business and personal information of the company, as well as information of customers, suppliers or other contractual parties.
With the aim to understand and control risks associated with the information security, to which MERO ČR, a.s. has to face, a continual process was set up. This continual process identifies risks to be controlled with implementation of adequate safety measures. In framework of this process all safety weaknesses and information security violation are identified and investigated.
MERO ČR, a.s. through regular auditing and review monitors the information security level, evaluates efficiency of the measures introduced and with the highly-developed system of remedial and preventive measures continuously improves the information security management system.
Based on the requirements to maintain availability, confidentiality and integrity of information MERO ČR, a.s. established a Safety Forum as a top body in the area of information security according to ČSN ISO/IEC 27001:2014 in framework of ISŘ.
MERO ČR, a.s., and its MERO Germany AG subsidiary company care of occupational health and safety of their employees at maximal level. They pay the same attention to the safety of surrounding environment of their facilities in framework of prevention to serious accidents and critical infrastructure protection. Therefore the companies decided to integrate also this part to the management system, be specific with fulfilment of requirements in BS OHSAS 18001, Act No. 59/2006 Coll. or as the case may be the Council Directive No. 96/82/EC as amended, Act No. 240/2000 Coll. on crisis management, as amended.
Therefore the company declares that:
- Customer satisfaction is the priority in all its activities.
- Continuous observance with the relevant legal regulations on the environmental protection of the Czech Republic or of the Federal Republic of Germany, as well as requirements imposed on the occupational health and safety, consider as a natural and minimal standard.
- Activities are focused on improvement of prevention in relation to negative environmental impact and prevention to accidents; the company will utilize the optimal, available technical and organizational means to prevent against environmental damage, damage on health of employees and public.
- The company will regularly examine and evaluate its integrated management system; it determines measurable targets, competences and resources for this purpose.
- The company will prevent against occurrence of accidents, emergencies, information security violation and violation of the crucial infrastructure elements with identification and management of risks and with available technical and organizational means; with ensuring the prevention, quick and proper response it will aim at minimization of their possible consequences.
- The company will educate and motivate its employees and partners to take these policy principles and associated targets as their own targets of activities.
- The company will regularly inform all parties concerned about changes and approaches at fulfilment of the integrated management system policy.
- The company will implement measures to optimally use resources for all areas of activities, in particular maintenance, emergency readiness, information protection, critical infrastructure elements protection, environmental care and health protection.
- The company supports continuous improvement of management systems in the sense to achieve the business exclusivity in all areas of its activities and in all areas of management.
MERO CR will build a new crude oil storage tank in the central tank farm in Nelahozeves